Parallels today announced the launch of Parallels Plesk Panel 11.5 and Parallels Web Presence Builder 11.5.
At his recent session at WHD.India 2013, Mr. David Dzienciol, Regional Vice President and General Manager (Asia Pacific), Parallels, did speak about Parallel’s imminent plans to augment its products according to the demands of the SMBs so that its customers and partners can grow their business selling nothing but what exactly the market demands for.
– John Zanni, VP, Service Provider Marketing and Alliances, Parallels.
Parallels Plesk Panel 11.5:
10 most significant features and upgrades in Parallels Plesk Panel 11.5 are:
1) The new version is more admin-friendly, requires less training time, and makes it easier to move from previous versions of Parallels Plesk Panel. It comes with an updated migration manager that identifies possible transfer limitations well in advance, thereby allowing users to configure new servers with the correct services, disk space and other resources before starting the transfer process.
2) Parallels has also enabled the transfer of sites with remote databases to avoid “database already exists” errors and has improved backup compression by using pigz instead of gzip which reduces backup time up to 3x.
3) Web hosting providers running a mix of old and new panel versions can mix and match PHP versions on a single server, allowing easy consolidation of websites into the latest version of the panel.
4) Service providers who earlier had to had to go outside of Parallels Plesk Panel 11 to upgrade, upsell or communicate with their customers can now maximize and control upsell processes with the management of panel promotions, notifications and licenses. Parallels also plans to launch a new License Key Administrator interface called “KA Partner Central” soon.
5) Parallels has improved the application experience by adding better search and browse capabilities and a quick unattended application installation experience. Parallels Plesk Panel 11.5 also has APS Mail Aspect support added to support integration of e-mail applications.
6) With the latest version, service providers can install a specific version of an application and keep applications up-to-date. Users can get update notifications and turn on automatic application updating. Web hosting providers can guarantee that security patches are loaded by turning on forced updates of all applications on the server.
7) The new version ensures enhanced security through support for additional administrators on Linux, thereby removing the need to share passwords and by secure FTP to mitigate the risks of intercepted user passwords.
8) Webmasters can now manage PHP and Web Server settings site-by-site in an SEO-safe manner – which includes appropriate configuration of redirects, domain aliases, www-prefix and appropriate suspend to keep sites showing up in search engines.
9) Parallels has reworked the prior 10.x GUI and introduced a new Active List feature, graphical help screens, built-in operations search, entity search, training videos and fully searchable documentation.
10) Users now have more choice of webmail clients– including Roundcube and Horde IMP 5.0.
“SMBs today have many choices when selecting hosting and cloud services. They expect best-of-class service from their service provider so they can focus on their customers instead of worrying about IT, ” said John Zanni, Vice president, Service Provider Marketing and Alliances, Parallels.
“Parallels Plesk Panel 11.5 comes with additional usability, performance and security benefits that make it a no-brainer upgrade. It’s the only choice for professional hosting service providers,” he added.
John recently talked at great length about latest versions of Parallels products and how to profit from them at WHD.India 2013.
Codero Hosting is the first hosting company to make Parallels Plesk Panel 11.5 available to its customers. For more information, click here.
Parallels Web Presence Builder 11.5
Parallels Web Presence Builder 11.5 provides web hosting companies with advanced tools to attract and retain SMBs with an entry-level hosting solution and an easy-to-build business website. Websites created with Parallels Web Presence Builder are automatically optimized for mobile devices.
The latest version has significant upgrades that enhance the look and feel of small business websites.
Parallels Web Presence Builder 11.5 enables users to export or import design templates for sharing and third-party design work.
Some of the vital improvements in the Parallels Web Presence Builder 11.5 are:
- Adobe Flash integration to embed objects within text, image, logo and banner modules.
- Google Maps module integration to display maps and directions.
- Google Web Fonts support to enable hundreds of new fonts for website customization.
Available in 12 languages, Parallels Web Presence Builder can be deployed on Parallels Plesk Panel, Parallels Plesk Automation, Parallels Automation and cPanel.
Earlier this month, Parallels announced expansion of its foot print in Africa with a new office and sales representation in the Republic of South Africa.