Softaculous 4.2.7 comes with Automated Backups of installations and a few bug fixes. Some of the key changes are:
- Automated Backups : Users can now choose from the install form/edit installation page to take automated backups (i.e. Daily, Weekly, Monthly).
- Admins can now choose to prepend a prefix for Admin Username field for their endusers on the script install form.
- All scripts requirements can be checked from the Softaculous Admin panel to determine which scripts might not work on the server.
- Added settings in Softaculous Admin panel to individually disable New installation, Remove installation, Edit installation, Backup installation emails sent to the endusers.
- Added setting to disable Backup installations emails from the Softaculous Enduser panel -> Email Settings.
- Admins can define the PERL version, MySQL version, list of enabled extensions, list of enabled functions in the pre install hook to override the requirements check done while script installation.
– Pulkit Gupta, Founder and CEO, Softaculous.
Bug Fixes in Softaculous 4.2.7:
- The cPanel user’s email was stored by default in user details file in Softaculous. Now it will be stored only if a user has specifically changed the email address in Softaculous Enduser panel -> Email Settings.
- Fixed the Auto Install API and SDK to work with Directadmin.
- Script installation was not allowed if the user wanted DB prefix to be empty. This is now fixed.
- On the Task List page hyperlink was displayed even for the paths. This is fixed now.
- Softaculous used to send update notification for the installation(s) s) that were manually updated i.e. when Softaculous records were outdated. Softaculous will now find the actual version of installation(s) and if it does not match with the existing records the Softaculous records will be updated and notification(s) will be sent only if installation(s) are still outdated.
Softaculous Auto Installer apps library has 300 scripts and 1115 PHP Classes.
“Softaculous 4.2.7 adds support for automated backups for an installation for existing and new installations.” said Pulkit Gupta, Founder and CEO, Softaculous .
“The automated backups installation feature added in Softaculous 4.2.7 will let the users to select to take regular backups i.e. Daily, Weekly or Monthly.” said Brijesh Kothari, Sales Head, Softaculous.
“So in case the user wants to revert any changes they will have a recent backup to restore from,” he added.
Softaculous Auto Installer integrates into popular hosting control panels like cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, H-Sphere and Interworx and allows the user to install any application by the click of a button and also upgrade when a new version is available. The categories of scripts include blogs, forums, micro blogs, wikis, social networking, image galleries, ERP, Project Management, Educational, etc.
The applications available in the Softaculous apps library are WordPress, b2evolution, StatusNet, Drupal, Joomla, Concrete5, phpBB, MyBB, SMF, bbPress, Coppermine, Gallery, Mediawiki, DokuWiki, TikiWiki, Elgg, Dolphin, OpenX, SquirrelMail, LimeSurvey, Piwik, Mantis, SugarCRM, WHMCS, PrestaShop, Magento, CraftySyntax, osTicket, Moodle, Claroline, etc.
Softaculous is available in two versions-Free product and Premium product having 54 and 309 apps respectively.
Here is our Interview with Pulkit Gupta, Founder and CEO, Softaculous from earlier this year.