A week after completing the addition of 300 scripts and 1115 PHP Classes in their library, Softaculous Ltd. today released Softaculous 4.2.2, a new version including several new features and a few bug fixes. Softaculous has been very frequent in upgrading it’s wide range of products and in a recent interview with DailyHostNews, Mr. Pulkit Gupta, CEO, Softaculous said “INNOVATION was something we always banked upon and continue to.”
“Softaculous 4.2.2 adds the apps auto upgrade feature which will allow End-users select the installations which they want to be updated as soon as a new version is available in Softaculous. This feature can be disabled from the Softaculous Admin panel.” said Pulkit Gupta, Softaculous founder and CEO.
– Pulkit Gupta, CEO, Softaculous.
Here is a complete list of changes and new features added in Softaculous 4.2.2:
- Auto Upgrade feature : Now users can choose to auto upgrade to the latest version of a script as soon as it is available. Admin can also control the list of scripts which can be auto upgraded. This feature is available only for selected scripts at the moment.
- Password Strength checker has been added for the End-user while installing any scripts. Admin can limit the minimum required strength for password.
- Now the TOP scripts for the end-user panel can be controlled from Softaculous Admin panel as per the Admin preference.
- Implemented CageFS Hook for correct detection and changing PHP Version for each user on server with CageFS installed.
- Pre Downloading scripts : Admin can select which scripts should be pre-downloaded on the server and which ones should be downloaded when a user installs a script. This can help save server’s space and bandwidth.
- Admin can now display his Custom Scripts in TOP 15 list in the Softaculous End-user panel.
- Improved API to check the minimum requirements of a script.
- API improved for scripts version checking.
- Added check to disallow special characters in directory name while installing any script.
- On ISPManager control panel, if AutoSubdomain is enabled for users than Softaculous will read the users directories and will list the directories ending with domain name as subdomain in domain list.
- In case of scripts with multiple branches, all available versions will be displayed on the script overview page.
- Improved the Softaculous SDK included in the package.
- Previously, when a license was upgraded from Free to Premium all scripts were not enabled by default and the Admin had to choose the scripts manually. Now, scripts will be automatically enabled when a license is upgraded from Free to Premium.
- When editing an installation in Softaculous, the script version of the installation will be detected and also prompted to the user IF it does not match with the Softaculous records. The user will also get an option to update the version in Softaculous’ records.
- Now a user can check the license information from the command line.
- Softaculous will load the custom theme instead of default, if a theme folder is present in Softaculous which has the same name as user’s cPanel theme.
- On a few servers the PHP version was not detected properly when output_handler was turned On and due to that users were not able to install the scripts. It is now fixed.
- On few PLESK servers with E_STRICT checking Softaculous footer was not loaded. It is now fixed.
- Softaculous search was not working on InterWorx Control panel. It is now fixed.
- While importing installations which have customized admin folder name (e.g. WHMCS), Softaculous was unable to determine the customized folder name. It is now fixed.
- Cron command language string was not displayed on edit installation page. It is now fixed.
- While installing custom scripts “undefined” was displayed on Task List page. It is now fixed.
- While listing all installations from API in XML format it was giving invalid XML output. It is now fixed.
- Emails for update notification were not being sent on InterWorx Control panel when script updates were available. It is now fixed.
“Softaculous 4.2.2 includes the Password strength meter which will help the users to choose a secure password for their installations.” said Chirag Nagda, Senior developer, Softaculous. “Admin can also set the minimum password strength.”
The applications available in the Softaculous apps library are WordPress, b2evolution, StatusNet, Drupal, Joomla, Concrete5, phpBB, MyBB, SMF, bbPress, Coppermine, Gallery, Mediawiki, DokuWiki, TikiWiki, Elgg, Dolphin, OpenX, SquirrelMail, LimeSurvey, Piwik, Mantis, SugarCRM, WHMCS, PrestaShop, Magento, CraftySyntax, osTicket, Moodle, Claroline, etc.
Softaculous is available in two versions-Free product and Premium product having 54 and 300 apps respectively. For more information, click here.