DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Smart Personal Protective Equipment Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecast (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Smart Personal Protective Equipment Market was valued at 15.32 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 33.07 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 12.09%, over the forecast period 2021-2026.
- 3M Company
- IML Group PLC (Hazardex)
- Seebo Interactive LTD
- Honeywell International Inc
- Corvex Connected Worker
- Tenacious Holdings, Inc. (dba Ergodyne)
- Uvex Group
- Vuzix Corp
Key Market Trends
The usage of Smart PPE in construction to witness a significant growth
- On an average in the United States two construction workers die of work-related injuries every day and one in five workplace fatalities are related to construction. The major causes for the accidents of the construction-related injuries are falls, struck-by an object and getting caught between objects. To prevent this the construction companies are trying to increase the safety of workers by adopting Smart PPE’s.
- Companies such as HazardEx are developing smart helmets thatuse meta sensors to evaluate situations, providing information and significantly enhancing their protective function. The chip or sensor can be programmed such that it can do almost anything to make the wearer safe. For instance, it could provide a GPS tracking system for lone workers in environments which include big construction sites.
North America is Expected to Hold Significant Share
- North America is expected to hold a potentially significant share, thereby creating an impact in the Smart PPE Market. The region has substantial dominance with sustainable and well-established economies, empowering them to invest in R&D activities actively in IoT technology which forms the basis for Smart PPE and even in various connectivity technologies that are involved.
- According to the 2019 US Bureau of Labor Statistics, during every 7 seconds a worker is injured on the job which translates to almost 4.6 million a year. The numbers are staggering, where each injury is preventable and taking preventative action can prevent workers needless pain and suffering. This is one of thr driving factors for the development of Smart PPE in this region which gives substantial edge over traditional PPE.
- There are many startup’s growing in the region who engage in development of Smart PPE’s. The global insurance company, American International Group (AIG), has already invested in a smart PPE startup where the company utilizes technologies such as artificial intelligence and cloud computing to monitor worker safety and health.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Improvement in worker productivity and decrease in worker injury
5.1.2 Increase in the development in IoT and connectivity technologies
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Growing concerns related to security of personal information
5.2.2 Stringent work regulations at operating facilities
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1.1 Eye and face protection
6.1.2 Hearing protection
6.1.3 Head Protection
6.1.4 Fall Protection
6.1.5 Smart Clothing
6.2 End-User Industry
6.2.3 Oil & Gas
6.3.1 North America
6.3.3 Latin America
6.3.4 Middle East & Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OUTLOOK AND OPPORTUNITIES
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/n79g9y
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900