Cloud infrastructure as a service provider Bit Refinery today launched a new cloud solution – vDev™. The news comes two weeks after Bit Refinery launched it’s Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service.
With vDev™, companies can test applications and software in a full-feature VMware development environment swiftly and cost-effectively before deploying to Bit Refinery’s enterprise production platform. Some other features of the new solution are:
- vCloud Director®.
- Public and private IP space.
- Layer 2 VPN connectivity.
- Snapshots with test-grade infrastructure.
“Oftentimes, we have customers that need an environment to develop their products or need a non-production environment because what they are hosting isn’t mission critical,” said Brandon Hieb, Managing Partner, Bit Refinery.
‘With vDev developers, entrepreneurs and collaborators have a VMware environment for development and testing at a fraction of the cost of a full production environment,” he added.
– Brandon Hieb, Managing Partner, Bit Refinery.
Advantages of Bit Refinery’s vDev are:
- Agility and flexibility to meet business demands.
- Ability to speed up development and testing cycles resulting in increased speed to market.
- Seamless ability to deploy applications to Bit Refinery’s VMware production environment.
- Rapid provisioning and de-provisioning of the required resources.
- Reduced IT CAPEX and OPEX with no infrastructure hardware and software purchases and management.
- Centralized location for collaborative development.
“Companies now have an affordable option to demonstrate the capabilities of new applications in a controlled manner within a cloud environment to determine the feasibility before rolling them out on a wider basis,” said Hieb.
For more information on vDev, click here.