Virtual Internet, a managed web infrastructure provider, today announced that it will provide Infrastructure-as-a-Service to UK Government bodies through the latest release of the CloudStore in the G-Cloud iii Framework.
Using a series of framework agreements with suppliers, the UK Government G-Cloud initiative simplifies how the Public Sector buys and delivers services by creating a marketplace of pay-as-you-go commodity services that can be easily scaled up or down, based on the changing needs of a business and its users.
– Patrick McCarthy, Managing Director, VI.NET.
With G-Cloud iii, the third procurement iteration of the G-Cloud, CloudStore offers more than 800 suppliers and 7,000 services across all types of cloud service models, including Public, Private and Hybrid. Services are still offered under four Lots:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Specialist Cloud Services (SCS)
Virtual Internet will now provide Cloud Servers, Private Cloud and Hybrid Cloud to UK Government bodies.
“The G-Cloudstore is a fantastic way for public sector bodies to save time and money on their procurement process and we’re proud to have once again been selected to provide public, private and hybrid cloud,” said Patrick McCarthy, Managing Director, VI.NET .
Some new features of the new CloudStore unveiled earlier this month are:
- More powerful search
- Ability to create an account: This helps customers save and export search results to an excel file.
- Streamlined browsing through each of the four service Lots and their sub-categories.
- Customers can find the services that best meet their needs using a set of filters based on the key features of each service.
For more information on G-Cloud, click here.
For more information on Virtual Internet, click here.