“Around 10% of enterprise-generated data is created and processed outside a traditional centralized data center or cloud. By 2025, Gartner predicts this figure will reach 75%” – Gartner
From a relatively obscure technology a couple of years back, Edge Computing has evolved to become one of the most talked about technologies today. The disruptive potential of edge is fueled by the growth of Internet of Things (IoT), big data, emergence of 5G networks and growth of distributed computing architecture.
According to a report by Technavio, the global edge computing market is expected to post a CAGR of 41% during the forecast period 2019-2023.
The centralized cloud architecture alone cannot support the emerging application and business requirements. Computing at the edge can improve the overall performance, reliability, scalability and fulfill regulatory compliance for many applications.
The edge resources can be deployed both at the operator side (known as infrastructure edge) and on the user side (known as the device edge). Infrastructure and Operations leaders need to understand the associated business value and risk of localized computing power.
Covering the breadth and depth of edge computing and its potential in the Asia-pacific region, BroadGroup will be launching its inaugural Edge Asia Singapore on April 11th, 2019 powered by Datacloud.
Edge Asia will define the Edge and its importance to 5G. It will also explore the opportunities and the challenges that lie ahead in the implementation of Edge services and networks in the APAC region.
“For two years we’ve been in Singapore for Datacloud Asia. This year we are bringing the Edge Computing discussion to the APAC region, especially after the success of our inaugural Edge Congresses in the US and Europe. The event is now Edge Asia, powered by Datacloud.” – Philip Low, chairman of BroadGroup.
The attendees will include top executives from the edge, cloud, computing, IoT, data center and data arena.
The list of speakers include:
- Sunil Gupta – CTO, Communication and Media Industry Vertical, APAC, HPE
- Gordan Falconer – Chairman Advisory Board, UN, United Smart Cities Group
- Bill Barney – Chairman and CEO, Global Cloud Xchange
- Shehara Viswanathan – Lead Consultant, Advisory, Cisco
- Zoe Zhuang – VP, Chindata
- Andrew Rigoli, Vice President, Corporate Development & Strategy Equinix Asia-Pacific & Interim Country Manager, Singapore
- Manik Narayan Saha – CIO, APAC & Japan, SAP
Key topics to be discussed
- Managing data centers
- Asia’s evolving digital landscape
- Mapping the edge – analyze and identify the opportunities and threats
- Need of dynamic workforce for the changing infrastructure landscape
- Ways to enable smart cities and connected economies
- How 5G and IoT hold the keys to edge deployments
Why should you attend?
- Connect with your fellow industry members, customers and partners to discuss the dominant issues.
- Identify the opportunities in edge and how you can capitalize them.
- Gain insights from the leaders in the edge and the cloud industry.
- Utilize the networking opportunities presented at the event to build new business avenues.
DHN is the official media partner of Edge Asia 2019. Register now using code – DHNEDGEA19, to avail 15% discount.