As of May 2020, 2.52 billion people use chat apps regularly and this number keeps growing and is expected to reach 3 billion in 2022. Just imagine, 41 million messages are sent out each minute globally, stated by Statista. It makes no wonder that the messaging app market will grow rapidly.
For starters, let’s outline what functionality you should implement to develop a feasible product. These days, it is necessary to include the must-have features that would make the system work as well as apply some sort of innovation to make the app appealing to the target users.
Here we list those messaging app functions that the app cannot exist without.
- User authorization – Clearly, app users should have the possibility to create a personal account. Depending on the app’s objectives, you may include authorization via email, phone number.
- Contact importing – For enhanced user experience, your messaging app should access the existing user contacts.
- Messaging functionality – This is when the data go through the server and the information is stored there.
- Sharing of photos and files – Make sure that your messaging app supports different app attachments.
- Location tracking – In many apps, users can share their location with others like parking spots, offices, restaurants, etc.
- Notifications – This is an important element in any messaging app development.
- Synchronization across devices – If you plan to build a messenger that is available on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Web) make sure that the user has identical experience and interface.
The post Tips to Creating a Messaging Application from Scratch appeared first on NASSCOM Community |The Official Community of Indian IT Industry.