Web hosting and IaaS provider SingleHop today launched a new data center in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Announced exactly two months back, the new facility named Amsterdam 1 had more than 75% of the initial data center capacity reserved well before the opening.
Some key specifications of the new DC are:
– Zak Boca, CEO, SingleHop.
- ISO27001, BS 25999-2:2007 and AMS-IX Certified Facility
- Spread over 4,330 Square Meters
- Max Server Capacity: 2,000+ Servers
- Carrier-Neutral with Over 30 Service Providers
- Powered by SingleHop’s LEAP3 platform
- Anti-PassBack enforced secure biometric validation
- Direct Connect to NL -ix and AMS-IX Internet Exchanges
- 24/7 Onsite Security Staff
- 5 Layers of Physical Security
- Single person turnstile
- Multilayer Monitoring and Notification System
- 10MW or more utility power per phase group
- N+1 fully Synchronized Generator System
- N+1 Dynamic CRAC units
- Cold Aisle Enclosures
- 25kW Cooling Capacity per Cabinet
- 100% Certified Green Power
Three salient reasons behind selecting Amsterdam as the site for new DC were the existing high-capacity fiber infrastructure, presence of numerous top- tier network providers, and city’s large and technically skilled workforce.
“Our launch in Amsterdam shows our commitment to reducing latency, and improving our overall customer experience. Significant portions of our growth already come from clients outside of the US; a trend we expect to continue as demand for highly automated infrastructure services increases in Europe and beyond,” said Andy Pace, Chief Operating Officer of SingleHop.
“Over the coming years, we will continue support our international customers by expanding our platform into additional new markets,” he added.
Built to meet growing demand for high-quality, automated infrastructure, and hosting services from organizations operating in Europe, Asia, and North Africa, the new facility will offer all of SingleHop’s current services including dedicated servers, cloud services, and managed services.
Dedicated servers are available from $189/mo to $1090/mo. All servers include 10TB (or more) outbound bandwidth with unlimited Inbound bandwidth. Detailed specifications of the servers are as shown below:
“We are very pleased by what we have been seeing. Since announcing the data center, we’ve been flooded with requests from hosting services providers, systems integrators, game developers, and a variety of digital start-ups,” said Zak Boca, Chief Executive Officer, SingleHop.
“These types of organizations are core to our company as a whole, and represent the types of clients that benefit most from our highly automated and natively hybrid platform,” he added.
Earlier this year, SingleHop also launched VMware Enterprise Private Cloud, offering a private cloud environment powered by the VMware vSphere Enterprise Plus platform.
For more information , click here.