Raritan® — a brand of Legrand®, and a leading provider of intelligent data center management and rack power distribution solutions, introduced its new generation KVM-over-IP switch designed for small to midsize businesses (SMBs), the Dominion LX II. For economical, reliable and secure remote access and management, the Dominion LX II provides one or two remote users and one local user Java-free, BIOS-level access and control of 8 or 16 servers (expandable up to 256 servers with tiering).
Standard productivity features such as virtual media, absolute mouse synchronization, directory server authentication, and PC share are all included in this new switch, enabling IT, data center, lab, and network administrators to remotely monitor computer and serial devices to maximize uptime, avoid travel and quickly resolve issues.
However, the Dominion LX II KVM-over-IP switch also represents a significant advancement over the previous generation by providing:
- Java-free, BIOS-level, IP remote access
- One or two remote users. One local user. 8 or 16 KVM ports
- Single power supply & LAN port
- VGA, DVI, HDMI, USB-C, and DisplayPort
- Productive video performance for 1080p and 1200p video at 15 frames/second
- Universal Virtual Media™ to transfer files, load software and boot an OS
- Absolute Mouse Synchronization™
- Manage up to 8 serial devices via Raritan DSAM modules
- Integrated Switch / LCD drawer models (available 2Q 2020)
“The second-generation Dominion LX II KVM-over-IP switches are the perfect remote access solution for SMBs, designed to be secure, productive, and economical,” says Richard Dominach, Director of Product Management at Raritan.
“The 24/7, Java-free, web-based access helps maximize uptime, eliminate the need for on-site troubleshooting, and increase worker productivity—all while offering an affordable, enterprise-level connectivity solution for SMBs.”
For more information on the Dominion LX II, visit here.