The data center market in Africa is expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 14% from 2018 to 2024. – ResearchAndMarkets.com
The demand for data center colocation services in Africa has significantly grown in recent time. This growth in demand is because of the improvement in connectivity levels and an increase in data traffic volumes. The digital transformation in Africa has got accelerated and the market requires servers, power, connectivity, and server space.
Researches show that the Africa data center market is experiencing most of the investments from telecom and enterprises. Big public cloud players like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure are entering the Africa market.
Talking about the cloud market in Africa, it will double in size over the next five years. By the end of 2019, the market will be worth $1.7 billion.
To focus on investing, powering, connecting, and deploying data centers across Africa and discuss the challenges for Africa’s digital economy and growth, the Datacloud Africa Leadership Summit 2019 is returning on 26th September at Movenpick Ambassador Hotel, Ghana.
Datacloud Africa Leadership Summit 2019: Overview
Datacloud Africa is a premium forum for data center and cloud leaders in Africa. The event will host more than 40 leading speakers from across the continent and attract delegates from over 50 countries.
The one-day summit is a foremost networking and business deal-making platform for data center and cloud players, their customers, investors, as well as suppliers.
There will be more than 250 attendees from nearly 140 companies, including Vertiv, Starline, Legrand, Schneider Electric, Africa Data Centres, Rack Centre, Data Economy, to name a few.
Leading speakers at DataCloud Africa
- Mulang Mika, Internet Affordability Activist & Cloud Architect, Microsoft
- Dr Olufemi Oyenuga, Chief Customer Architect, Oracle
- Selorm Adadevoh, Chief Executive Officer, MTN Ghana
- Ayotunde Coker, Managing Director, Rack Centre
- Stephane Duproz, Chief Executive Officer, Africa Data Centres
- Ezekiel Egboye, Chief Operating Officer, Rack Centre
- Pierre Havenga, Managing Director MEA, Vertiv
- Wouter van Hulten, Chief Executive Officer, PAIX Data Centres
- Eben Owen, Sales Director, Africa, Uptime Institute
Find the full list of speakers here.
Main topics to be discussed at Datacloud Africa
- Market Analysis – Africa’s Digital Journeys
- Power Security and Development for DC Infrastructure
- Building World-Class Infrastructure to meet growing Local needs
- Building the Digital Factory
- Africa’s Digital Highways – Advances in Subsea, Terrestrial and Wireless Connectivity
- Cloud Provider and Enterprise Customer Engagement Strategies
- Workforce Development and Retention for Africa’s Digital Economies
- Internet Affordability: A key driver for digital transformation in Africa
The complete agenda is available here.
The summit will also feature an award ceremony where the judges will choose the winners from all the nominees. There are seven categories:
- Africa Data Centre Service Provider of the Year Award
- Africa Cloud Service Provider of the Year Award
- Excellence in Data Centre Award: Africa
- New Data Centre of the Year Award: Africa
- Global Connectivity for Africa Innovator of the Year
- Africa Data Centre Location of the Year Award
- Africa Data Centre Energy Innovator of the Year
Eligible companies can nominate themselves for the award here.
Register today to save 20% on your tickets by using our discount code- DHNDCA19.
DHN is the official media partner of the event. Stay tuned with us for updates.