TYSONS, Va.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–With its investigation into the previously disclosed (July 5, 2020) ransomware attack on a subset of its subsidiary, Xchanging, nearly complete, DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) today provided an update on the incident. DXC has confirmed containment of the incident in the immediate days following identification with minimal impact on Xchanging customers; no loss of DXC or Xchanging customer data; no impact on the wider Xchanging or DXC IT estates; and full restoration of Xchanging customer operations. Additionally:
- DXC teams worked with affected Xchanging customers to restore access to their operating environments as quickly as possible and shared Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) and other relevant technical information;
- The forensic review and investigation has involved appropriate law enforcement and cyber defense authorities and independent cyber security firms including Mandiant/FireEye;
- There were no indications of previous infection, spread beyond initially impacted Xchanging systems, or continued infection by the threat actor;
- There is currently no evidence that Xchanging, DXC or customer data was compromised or lost; and
- Along with ongoing systems monitoring, DXC is continuously investing in and enhancing its cyber detection and response capabilities to effectively manage risk and safeguard customer and its IT estates with the continued growth of malicious cybersecurity attacks.
Xchanging is primarily an insurance managed services business that operates on a standalone basis.
About DXC Technology
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) helps global companies run their mission critical systems and operations while modernizing IT, optimizing data architectures, and ensuring security and scalability across public, private and hybrid clouds. With decades of driving innovation, the world’s largest companies trust DXC to deploy our enterprise technology stack to deliver new levels of performance, competitiveness and customer experiences. Learn more about the DXC story and our focus on people, customers and operational execution at www.dxc.technology.
All statements in this report that do not directly and exclusively relate to historical facts constitute “forward-looking statements.” These statements represent the Company’s intentions, plans, expectations and beliefs, and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors many of which are outside the Company’s control. These factors could cause actual results to differ materially from such forward-looking statements. For a written description of these factors, see the section titled “Risk Factors” in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2020. The Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update these forward-looking statements whether as a result of subsequent event or otherwise, except as required by law.