Govt of Haryana is considering to formulate/adopt a Data Centre Policy for the State. The key highlights of the draft policy being considered, is appended. Your views on these proposals will be important for us to finalise our feedback to the Govt. of Haryana. We kindly request you to share your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by 05.02.2021.
- Data Centre Park (DCP): Data Centre Parks are dedicated land parcels developed and maintained for the Data Centre industry that provide computer and data storage facilities in a multi-tenant, open access, carrier neutral and diversely connected manner.
- Data Centre Unit (DCU): Data Centre Unit is defined as a physical facility that enterprises and cloud service providers use to store and manage their business-critical applications and information on a network of IT servers. The facility typically comprises of DC Server Room that has server racks, storage racks and networking equipment, NOC (Network Operation Centre) room, Centralized Building Management System (BMS room), Helpdesk area and Testing/ Lab room, Electrical Room (Power Supply Room), Telecom Room, UPS and Battery Room, AHU (Air Handling Units) and Fire Suppression System. Data Centre Unit shall be considered as a Green Data Centre Unit if it is certified by Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) and/or the Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment (GRIHA) or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
- Data Centre Clusters (DCC) :Data Centre Clusters are industrial areas where multiple DCUs, Cloud Service Providers or other allied industries exist & operate in the State.
- Policy is applicable to the DCPs/ DCCs and DCUs operating in the State of Haryana.
- DCPs set up in the State with minimum area of 5 acres and at least 1.5 MW of power.
- DCUs (standalone) set up in Haryana with min 750KW power & designed for Tier 3 and above level certification by an independent agency would be considered under this policy
- Certified Green Data Centre (standalone) set up in the State with min 500KW power and designed for Tier 3 and above level certification by an independent agency would be considered under this policy
- Units which will commence commercial production / operations post the date of notification of this policy will be eligible for availing of incentives under this Policy.
- This policy will be valid for a period of 7 years or date of any new policy/amendment, introduced by Government of Haryana, whichever is earlier.
- The incentives availed during the policy period will be valid for the defined incentive period as per the policy and the new policy/amendments will not have any retrospective impact on existing units which are availing incentives under the policy.
- Benefits can be availed under one policy only in the State EPP / MSME/ IT & ESDM/Data Centre Policy or any other State Policy.
Benefits & Incentives
- The GoH shall earmark around 10 acres of land parcels for the Data Centre Parks/Clusters in Tier-III Districts/ Cities like Yamunanagar, Hisar, Panipat or other locations well connected to National Capital through a robust road network.
- 100% Reimbursement of Stamp Duty paid on sale / lease deeds paid on the first transaction for setting up a Data Centre Park ( DCP) / Data Centre Unit (DCU).
- Capital Subsidy upto 25% of the total Project Cost (excluding land cost) capped at Rs 25 Cr per unit will be provided to DCUs set up in notified DCPs in Haryana provided that the DCU shall allocate 20% of end to end hosting space (including Power, Network, Compute and Storage etc.) for Govt of Haryana at no additional charges.
- Data Centre infrastructure as a separate entity under the Haryana Building Code providing relaxed FAR and Building Design Requirement Norms.
- DCUs, covered under the policy, will be declared as a separate Infrastructure Industry.
- Pre-Commencement Approvals : All approvals related to construction of DCP/DCU like Building Plan approval, Temporary Power Connection, Fire Fighting Scheme and Consent to Establish amongst others shall be given in to the Industry in 10 working Days of acceptance of application.
- Commencement Approvals : Approvals required for commencement of business like – Permanent Power Connection, Occupation Certificate and Consent to operate amongst others shall be given to the Data Centre operational in DCPs within 15 working days of acceptance of application.
Power & Water
- 100% exemption from electricity duty for captive consumption and power sourced from the grid (if any) for a period of 20 years from the date of commencement of commercial operation for DCUs in State notified DCPs.
- Reimbursement of INR 2/- per unit for the energy consumed from the DISCOMs of Haryana for a period of 07 years from the date of commencement of operations of the DCUs set up in State notified DCPs.
- DCPs/ DCUs covered under this policy will be declared as an Energy Intensive Industry and considered essential service under Haryana Essential Services Maintenance Act.
- 100% reimbursement for Transmission and Wheeling charges for power consumption from captive renewable plant set up in the State.
- DCUs shall be permitted to consume renewable energy procured directly from power producers in the State through open access system, without any restrictions after paying applicable cost components/expenses to DISCOMsNet Metering will be available for captive power consumed by Data Centre Units to promote the use of Renewable Energy.
- 25% capital assistance up to a maximum of Rs for setting up of Water treatment/recycling plants and Water conservation and harvesting tanks in/around Data Centre Parks/Units as a part of common Physical infrastructure to promote conservation and re-use of water.
- Right of way will be provided free of cost as per the guidelines under State Communication & Connectivity Infrastructure Policy, 2017 . Permission of Right of Way for DCPs shall be processed online through Single Roof Clearance
- State will implement a Dial Before You Dig Policy (DBYDP) to allow authorities responsible for carrying out construction work to access information about underlying network cabling infrastructure before digging in order to minimize cable breaks.
- 75% Net SGST reimbursement for DCUs operational in the State for a period of 10 years subject to maximum of 100% of Fixed Capital Investment.
- 100% property tax abatement for 07 years shall be offered for DCUs operational in the State notified Data Centre Parks.
- Data Centre Units shall be eligible for employment generation subsidy of INR 36,000 per year for SC/women and INR 30,000 for general category per year per employee (only in case of direct employment on payroll) for a period 7 years for capacity building of persons (skilled/ semiskilled) having Haryana domicile.
The post Draft Haryana Data Centre Policy appeared first on NASSCOM Community |The Official Community of Indian IT Industry.