Cloud computing is shaking up almost every industry today, and generating billions of dollars in revenue. It’s not showing any sign of slowing down. According to Gartner, the global cloud services industry will grow 17.5% this year and reach $214.3 billion. This growth will be exponential through 2022.
Further, the cloud services market is projected to experience nearly 3x the growth of overall IT services market.
Here are some quick cloud market statistics:
- 28% of spending in key IT segments will shift to cloud by 2022— Gartner
- 94% of enterprises around the world are using cloud— RightScale
- In Europe, 26% of businesses used cloud computing in 2018, mostly for email and storage—Eurostat
- Cloud services market revenue in Europe will reach $43.22 billion by 2021, up from $29.74 billion in 2016—Statista
- More than third of businesses see cloud investments among the top 3 investing priority. By the end of 2019, over 30% of the new software investments will shift from cloud-first to cloud-only—Gartner
To help businesses discuss innovation in the cloud and datacenter, collaborate, do business deals, and know future trends, the Datacloud Ireland conference is returning for the 3rd year on 18th September at Conrad, Dublin.
Datacloud Ireland—At a glance
Datacloud Ireland is an ideal meeting place for the datacenter and cloud ecosystem in Dublin. With the theme—Opening Minds. Closing Deals, the one-day conference will bring together senior executives from the industry to discuss, collaborate, learn the latest trends in cloud and datacenter, and more.
The event will explore the way Ireland is evolving as an international hyperscale hub and highlight colocation opportunities available. Over 140 companies and 250 attendees from 15 countries will be there at the event.
The experts will also share insights on the development of Dublin as a smart city and the recently announced Nordic-Irish partnership for smart and sustainable city development, connectivity, the role of Artificial Intelligence (AI), edge computing, power situation in Ireland, etc.
Expert speakers at Datacloud Ireland 2019
John Halligan TD, Minister of State for Training, Skills, Innovation, Research and Development, Government of Ireland will open the Datacloud Ireland. He will talk about the challenges and opportunities in the datacenter sector, skills gap and the role of regulation.
The main speakers at the event will include:
- Stephen Brennan, Chief Digital Advisor, Irish Government
- Stephen Byrne, Datacentre Lead, Mercury
- Garry Connolly, President and Founder, Host in Ireland
- Seamus Dunne, Managing Director, Interxion, Ireland
- Rod Evans, Director EMEA, High Performance Computing & AI, Nvidia
- Peter Marin, Chief Executive Officer, T5 Data Centres
- Fabien Vieau, Principal, Data Centers Energy & Location Strategy, EMEA, Google
The full list of speakers is available here.
Main topics to be discussed at Datacloud Ireland
- Challenges and opportunities for a world-leading data centre sector
- Key trends and new technologies shaping the data centre landscape
- Diversity of market requirements in the US vs European Edge deployments
- Setting a new pace in transatlantic fibre
- The power situation in Ireland
- Ireland’s connectivity status
- What makes a good investment in a data centre
- Accelerating the digitalisation of the Irish Economy
- Truth-busting the 5G myth
- Disruption within the data centre
- Shedding light on Artificial Intelligence
Register today to save 20% on your tickets by using our discount code- DHNDCI19.
DHN is the official media partner of the Datacloud Ireland 2019. Stay tuned with us for updates.