Datacloud Global Congress 2019, the premier leadership summit for critical IT infrastructure, covered the biggest challenges in the cloud, edge computing, and data center infrastructure. The tech event was a huge success, where all the attendees found it a valuable platform for their industry.
Held in Monaco on June 4-6, the event attracted investors, financiers, business leaders, and customers to do the deals and influence the outcomes for the next year and beyond.
The three-day summit had four co-located events and keynotes from industry leaders from Vapor IO, Cloudflare, CELLNEX Telecom, Open Edge Computing, and Open19 Foundation.
Highlights from Datacloud Datacloud Global Congress & Awards 2019
The day-one of the conference included Edgecon and Datacloud Global Awards events. The Edgecon brought together top public cloud providers, IoT practitioners, infrastructure owners, wireless operators and edge computing developers.
The experts discussed the real-world deployment of edge computing and define requirements.
“The importance of the edge is ever important now. If you’re raising money, just put ‘edge’ at the front of your pitch and there is a better chance you will be successful,” said Cole Crawford, CEO and founder of Vapor IO.
Winners of Datacloud Global Awards
The evening was filled with innovation, excellence and diversity, as the winners of the 12th Datacloud Global Awards were announced. The awards recognized excellence in the data center, edge, and cloud industry.
- Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility – Kao Data
- Cloud Service Provider of the Year – Jelastic
- Data Centre Service Provider of the Year – CBRE
- Data Centre CyberSecurity Award – Cyxtera
- Data Centre for Smart City Award – RISE SICS North
- Excellence in Regional Data Centre Award – Asia Pac – GDS Services
- Excellence in Regional Data Centre Award – Europe – Green Mountain
- Excellence in Regional Data Centre Award – Middle East and Africa – Rack Centre
- Excellence in Regional Data Centre Award – Americas – GlobeNet
- Global Connectivity Innovator of the Year – Global Cloud Xchange
- Hyperscale Innovation Award – Chindata
- The Edge Innovation Award – Vapor IO
- Data Centre Location of the Year – Greater Montréal
- Digital Champion 2019 Award – SBAB Bank implemented by City Network Hosting AB
- Young Digital Leader of the Year – Sami Badri-Credit Suisse
- Young Engineer of the Year – Paul Harrison,
- Law Firm of the Year Award – Eversheds Sutherland,
- Edge Investment Award – EdgeConneX
- Real Estate Deal of the Year Award – Legal & General Capital & Goldacre Noe Group
- M&A of the Year Award – CyrusOne
- The BroadGroup Award – Andrew Harrison & Andrew Jay
- iMasons Sustainability Champion Award – Joe Kava, Google
Philip Low, chairman BroadGroup commented: “The Awards honour the most forward-thinking individuals and advancements and in the industry. All of this year’s winners are disrupting and innovating in ways we had never imagined and helping to define a new era in the IT infrastructure market.”
Data Economy Finvest Summit
The day two was dedicated to finance, investment and legal matters within the data center and cloud industry. Experts shared their vision for the business and future of the industry.
After two intensive days of networking, awards, and knowledge sharing, the day- three was fulfilled with more inspirational talks and deal-making sessions.
It was more of a tech day, where the attendees got to learn about the latest trends in artificial intelligence (AI), 5G, and edge computing. Most of the attendees from some of the biggest cloud companies in China.