CloudBees, Inc., the Java Platform as a Service (PaaS) innovation leader, has announced Continuous Cloud Delivery (CCD) — a new approach to accelerate application delivery and meet high-frequency update requirements necessary for web and mobile applications. CCD represents the fastest way for development teams to push application changes and deploy the resulting code to production, all via the cloud.
With CCD, enterprises, mobile application developers and SaaS vendors have a solution to one of their most pressing problems – delivering incremental software features and updates quickly to keep up with rapidly changing markets and maintain their competitive edge. Rather than following traditional, lengthy software release cycles, software teams must deliver software in a more agile manner. CCD addresses this need by automating the development and testing processes, ensuring that software applications are always in a ready-to-deploy state.
“Our customers have made it very clear to us, time-to-market is their most pressing business challenge,” said Sacha Labourey, CEO and founder, CloudBees. “Leveraging the CloudBees Platform, Continuous Cloud Delivery provides the quickest way to deliver applications and ensure the highest levels of quality.”
The CCD approach leverages key elements within the CloudBees PaaS to transform the application delivery process:
- Cloud-based development ensures that all developers have visibility into code changes and application status at all times, even across teams
- Scalability and elasticity ensure resources are instantly available
- Repositories are centrally accessed for the sharing of source code and version control management
- Jenkins Continuous Integration (CI) automatically incorporates code changes and processes those changes based on team-established rules
- Ready access to development, testing and staging resources eliminates friction with IT and long waits for infrastructure resources
- Continuous deployment means updates are pushed to production as soon as they are ready
- Transparent deployment ensures no application downtime when updates are pushed out; transactions in process are not disrupted
In addition to the services available within the CloudBees PaaS, CloudBees’ partner ecosystem offers an extensive set of hosted services. Developers can make use of best-of-breed application testing, performance monitoring, log management, mail and database service providers among others.
To download the Continuous Cloud Delivery white paper, click here.
CloudBees provides a Java Platform as a Service that enables Continuous Cloud Delivery (CCD), accelerating the development and deployment of web and mobile applications. CloudBees serves the needs of a wide range of businesses from small startups that need to quickly create new on-line businesses, to large IT organizations that need to rapidly respond to dynamic market opportunities. For more information, please visit www.cloudbees.com.