DAILYHOSTNEWS, December 14, 2011 – Expanding on its commitment to enabling the success of its small business partners, Cisco yesterday announced a new cloud-based service called OnPlus that offers channel partners a way to easily and affordably provide network assessment, management and advisory services to their small business customers. By enabling value added resellers (VARs) to quickly create or expand their managed services practice, OnPlus helps to evolve the customer relationship from reactive and tactical, to more proactive and strategic.
Today’s small business announcement builds on Cisco’s Partner Led sales model designed to elevate channel partners’ ability to drive sales in the fast-growing small business and mid-market segments. Earlier this year, Cisco announced it will invest $75 million in its Partner Led initiative throughout 2012, for enablement, systems and support capabilities to help channel partners profitably grow their business.
Cisco OnPlus Service Highlights
- Designed for VARs that are looking to create or expand their managed service offerings; OnPlus provides remote visibility of the network and the devices attached to the network.
- Through an affordable, reliable, and scalable cloud-based service, Cisco OnPlus helps VARs to quickly and easily deploy advanced network services for their small business customers from anywhere at any time.
- To monitor a customer network, VARs simply plug the small OnPlus Network Agent appliance into a switch or router on their customer’s network. The OnPlus Agent then transmits information about the customer’s network to a highly secure data center for access by the VAR.
- In addition to discovery and monitoring of anything with an IP address from any supplier, OnPlus enables remote connectivity to manageable network devices to facilitate troubleshooting and configuration. For select Cisco devices, OnPlus provides enhanced capabilities that automate typical administrative tasks.
- The network-centric capability of OnPlus complements existing classes of managed services tools such as Remote Monitoring and Management and Professional Services Automation.
Partner and Customer Benefits
- Increased efficiency: The task automation offered by OnPlus enables VARs to service more customers without the need for a larger technical staff.
- Peace of mind: OnPlus also enables VARs to build and grow their managed service practice with confidence through a reliable cloud-service backed by Cisco. By entrusting VARs to provide IT managed services, customers can enjoy peace of mind in knowing that a trusted expert is there to keep their business running.
- Focus on growth: When small businesses have the peace of mind that the technology that runs their day-to-day activities is being monitored and backed by experts, they can dedicate more of their time, attention and agility to serving their customers and growing their business.
Product Pricing and Availability
- Cisco OnPlus Service is offered at a list price of $250, which includes a three-year subscription to the OnPlus Service and an OnPlus Network Agent appliance. A separate appliance and subscription service is required for each network being managed.
- Native applications for Apple and Android mobile devices are available free of charge in the Apple App Store and the Android Market.
- Initially, Cisco OnPlus Service is available to resellers in North America through Distribution with expansion to other countries and regions planned.
- For a limited time, Cisco has a special introductory offer to help VARs get started with the OnPlus service. Partners can contact their Cisco Channel Sales representative for complete details.
About Cisco Systems
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate.