Asigra Inc. recently unveiled SaaSBACKUP, a robust SaaS-based backup platform aimed at delivering comprehensive backup and recovery functionalities to SaaS applications such as Salesforce, Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, and many others. With innovative API connectivity, SaaSBACKUP is capable of supporting a wide range of SaaS applications, providing enterprise-class data protection to ensure uninterrupted business operations.
As per Fortune Business Insights, the global Software as a Service (SaaS) market was worth USD $215.10 billion in 2021 and is projected to increase to USD $883.34 billion by 2029, with a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 19.7% during the forecast period.
Due to the widespread adoption of SaaS, it has become imperative to safeguard the vital data stored in these applications. However, many businesses and IT users remain unaware that most SaaS applications offer insufficient data protection or guarantees of data recovery. In some cases, the responsibility of data recovery falls solely on the user, placing the onus on organizations to deploy a backup platform that can ensure the required level of protection.
Asigra’s SaaSBACKUP platform is designed to offer comprehensive data protection for business users across a broad spectrum of SaaS applications, including but not limited to Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Content Management System (CMS), Project Management, sales, marketing, eCommerce solutions and more.
The advanced features of SaaSBACKUP are:
- Multi-SaaS Support: Ensuring round-the-clock data protection for businesses across a variety of SaaS environments.
- Fast, Simple Deployment: Mass deployment is possible for hundreds or thousands of SaaS application users at once, providing immediate and consistent protection.
- Bring your Own Storage: Users can store their data in their own storage repository, own the data, and if they do not have one, they can utilize Asigra’s relationship with select partners.
- Simple Pay Per Use Model: Users only pay for what they use, on a per-user, per-app, per-month basis.
- Unique Multi-person Approvals: SaaSBACKUP can be configured to require multiple people to approve potentially destructive actions, protecting against credential theft, user error, or insider threats.
- SaaSBACKUP Marketplace: A future addition to the platform will be a marketplace that offers a simple revenue-sharing opportunity for partners who develop connectors to new SaaS applications.
SaaSBACKUP is a one-of-a-kind data protection solution that operates as a True Platform as a Service that is turnkey, requiring no infrastructure installation. All maintenance and updates are handled by Asigra and managed in the cloud. SaaSBACKUP was designed with security in mind, featuring built-in security measures such as multifactor authentication (MFA) and Multi-person Approval (MPA) to prevent unauthorized access due to credential theft, user error, or insider threat. The platform is equipped with military-grade encryption and holds FIPS 140-2 certification, ensuring data is safeguarded to the highest security and compliance standards.
Asigra has designed SaaSBACKUP specifically for Managed Service Providers (MSPs), who will have access to a software development kit (SDK). This SDK will allow MSPs to quickly develop new SaaS application connectors as needed, promoting rapid growth in connector offerings. Furthermore, MSPs can choose their preferred storage environment for the backup repository, including AWS or any other S3-compatible cloud storage platform. Complementary to traditional on-premise backup solutions, there is no need for replacing existing software as the solution is additive and brings new revenue to partners.
“IT professionals are coming to understand that the protection of SaaS application data throughout an organization is not only a legal obligation but also vital for protecting reputation and finances,” said Eric Simmons, CEO, Asigra. “The importance of this cannot be overstated and drives our focus on protecting the entire SaaS application spectrum.”
Asigra SaaSBACKUP is set to launch in North America in Q3-2023, and in Europe/UK in Q4-2023. To stay updated or become a launch partner, managed service providers can register at https://www.asigra.com/saasbackup.
Read next: Majority of SaaS companies saw high growth in 2022, but with a decline in December