AccentureCloudNews

Accenture ignites AI innovation in 2024: Unveils strategic acquisitions and collaborative ventures

2 Mins read
Accenture AI

Accenture had a great start to the year 2024, sealing impactful deals and fortifying its position as a major player in the field of artificial intelligence (AI). The company’s strategic maneuvers, including successful acquisitions and significant investments, showcase its commitment to advancing innovative solutions and transformative technologies.

Accenture just announced the completion of the acquisition of Ammagamma, an Italy-based firm specializing in advancing AI and generative AI technologies for businesses. This move is a crucial component of Accenture’s $3 billion investment initiative, designed to expedite clients’ transformative journeys through widespread AI applications. The acquisition, announced on November 28, 2023, has brought more than 90 AI professionals, spanning various disciplines, into Accenture’s workforce.

Accenture has also recently completed the acquisition of Navisite, a leading digital transformation and managed services provider. This move will reinforce and expand Accenture’s capabilities in application and infrastructure managed services, particularly assisting clients in North America in modernizing their IT infrastructure for the AI era. The acquisition, announced on January 10, 2024, introduces approximately 1,500 professionals to Accenture’s Infrastructure Engineering practice. With this, Ammagamma will join Accenture’s network of AI professionals as part of its Advanced Center for AI in Europe.

Accenture’s collaboration with Mujin has led to the establishment of Accenture Alpha Automation, a joint venture targeting the manufacturing and logistics sectors. Accenture Alpha Automation aims to facilitate companies in automating their management infrastructure through data-driven solutions. Accenture holds a 70% stake in the joint venture, with Mujin owning the remaining 30%. The collaboration integrates Mujin’s expertise in industrial robotics and automation with Accenture’s digital engineering and manufacturing service, Industry X, providing holistic solutions that combine operational and business management data.

Adding another dimension to its strategic moves, Accenture has entered into an agreement to acquire Work & Co, a global digital product company renowned for its innovative blend of design, technology, and creativity in creating groundbreaking products and experiences.

A recent survey conducted by Accenture reveals a significant surge in AI-related spending among C-suite executives in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region, with 77% planning to increase investments in 2024. Similarly, 84% of C-suite executives in Latin America (LATAM) express intentions to boost their AI-related spending. This trend reflects a shift from proof of concept to customizing foundation models using proprietary data.

To meet this growing demand for generative AI technology, Accenture is establishing generative AI studios in nine countries across the Asia Pacific and Latin America. These studios, spanning Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Greater China, India, Japan, Mexico, the Philippines, and Singapore, will serve as hubs connecting clients with Accenture’s data and AI experts. The goal is to facilitate rapid experimentation, co-creation, and scaling of generative AI solutions, all anchored in Accenture’s responsible AI framework.

With a focus on acquisitions, investments, and collaborative ventures, Accenture is demonstrating a commitment to shaping the future of AI applications and solutions on a global scale.

Read next: Equinix and NVIDIA form alliance powering AI supercomputing via private cloud services

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

72 − = sixty eight