A2 Hosting, the web host known for their high-performance SwiftServer hosting platform, is now offering network optimizer Railgun as a free feature on their solid state drive (SSD) Hosting service. The news comes a few days after CloudFlare released V3.3.3 of RailGun. According to performance tests, pages load up to 300% faster when hosted on one of A2 Hosting’s SSDs. Additionally, Cloudflare (the company who developed Railgun), has reported that sites using Railgun will experience up to 143% faster HTML load times.
– Matthew Prince, co-founder and CEO, CloudFlare.
“Website performance has a direct correlation on that site’s chance for success”, commented A2 Hosting’s Marketing Manager Brad Litwin. “Site speed impacts conversion rates, SEO, bounce rates, visitor satisfaction and most importantly your bottom line. At A2 Hosting, you can really boost the performance of your site when you factor in our fine-tuned SwiftServer platform and SSDs. Now that we’re a CloudFlare Optimized host, you can throw in the speed boosting ability of Railgun into the fold”
While CloudFlare automatically caches 65% of the resources needed to make up a web page, the other 35% of resources are unable to be cached. They are either dynamically generated or marked “do not cache”. The remaining 35% is often the initial HTML of the page that has to be downloaded first. This is where Railgun comes in handy, by speeding up the remaining 35%.
The markup of websites doesn’t change often from one request to the next. Instead of transferring the entire request between CloudFlare and the website’s server, Railgun works by only transferring changes in markup from one request to the next. This cuts down on transfer time and overall page load time. Railgun caches these differences in memory so page processing is as fast as possible.
“A2 Hosting was one of the first hosting providers CloudFlare partnered with. We are excited to have been able to work with them to get Railgun tested and ready for launch” said Matthew Prince, co-founder and CEO of CloudFlare. “As an Optimized Partner, A2 Hosting is now one of the fastest hosts on the Internet. Their implementation of Railgun is smooth, making it easy for any website owner to install CloudFlare with just a click”
Before requesting Railgun gets turned on for their site, SSD Hosting customers should setup CloudFlare’s content delivery network with 1-click in their A2 Hosting control panel. By automatically serving content from servers closest to a website’s visitors, Cloudflare optimized sites can see pages load up to 200% faster. A2 Hosting’s SSD customers interested in using Railgun just need to request that A2 Hosting’s Guru Crew support team turn on Railgun for their site.
About A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting, Inc. is a Linux based web hosting company located in Ann Arbor, MI. A2 Hosting provides their customers with ultra-reliable solutions and 24/7/365 US-based support from their Guru Crew team. Since 2003, A2 Hosting has offered innovative, affordable and developer friendly website hosting for personal homepages up to full service solutions for businesses of all sizes. Each A2 Hosting service is hosted on their high-performance SwiftServer Hosting platform. Their Perpetual Security measures help keep customers safe from malware injections and other attacks.
CloudFlare, Inc. makes sites twice as fast, protects them from attacks, ensures they are always online, and makes it simple to add web apps with a single click. CloudFlare supercharges websites regardless of size or platform with no need to add hardware, install software, or change a line of code. The CloudFlare community gets stronger as it grows; every new site makes the network smarter. Thanks to our awesome sauce technology, every month hundreds of millions of people experience a faster, safer, better Internet. CloudFlare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer, named the Most Innovative Network & Internet Technology Company of the Year for the last two years by the Wall Street Journal, and ranked among the world’s 50 most innovative companies of 2012 by Fast Company. CloudFlare is based in San Francisco, California, USA.