10gen, the MongoDB company, has launched its Partner Program, designed for software, hardware, cloud, channel and services companies that develop, market, sell and support solutions based on the leading document database. The program includes the Industry’s First NoSQL Validation Program for MongoDB, unique access to 10gen Education intellectual property as well as a wide range of additional technical, sales and marketing resources to officially align partners with the growing ecosystem around MongoDB.
Three levels of participation are offered: Member, Authorized Partner and Strategic Partner. The Partner Program offers companies access to a broad set of technical and business resources, including:
- Industry’s First Validation Program for NoSQL: 10gen validated technologies have been proven to use supported APIs and to comply with current development guidelines for integration with MongoDB
- Partner Spotlight: A showcase of MongoDB-based offerings from vendors across the ecosystem, making it easy for prospective customers to identify relevant solutions
- Technical and Sales Resources: Online training, engineering support and more
- 10gen Education: Partner organizations gain unique access to 10gen Education IP
- Marketing Support: Access to marketing collateral, presentation materials and structured brand-use privileges help increase visibility, validation and value with publicity and joint marketing opportunities
“MongoDB is one of the most popular new technologies, and the energy from startups and major vendors alike for building around MongoDB is high,” said Ed Albanese, vice president of business development at 10gen. “The 10gen Partner Program is designed for companies looking to efficiently build new business or revenue streams based on MongoDB and capitalize on big data, cloud, mobile and other computing trends and opportunities related to our document-oriented database.”
Requirements for potential partners may involve: trained technical and sales staff, product validation, successful joint customers, case studies and other marketing activities.
Program participants include:
- Software Partners: Applications, tools, infrastructure, business intelligence (BI) and other companies
- Hardware Partners: Server, storage, semiconductor, networking and other hardware companies
- Cloud Partners: Infrastructure as a service, platform as a service, SaaS and hosting providers
- Channel Partners: Value-added resellers, volume resellers, distributors and other channel companies
- Services Partners: Application development, system integration, consulting and other services companies
Current 10gen partners include IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Red Hat, VMware and many others.
MongoDB is the open-source, document database popular among developers and IT professionals due to its agile and scalable approach. As one of the most popular new technologies, MongoDB has more than 3.8 million downloads, 47,000 Online Education registrations, 15,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 10,000 attendees at MongoDB global events in 2012.
Common use cases for MongoDB include operational and analytical big data, content management and delivery, mobile and social infrastructure, user data management and data hub. 10gen has more than 500 commercial customers including many of the world’s leading brands, such as Cisco, Craigslist, Disney, EA, eBay, Ericsson, Forbes, Foursquare, Intuit, LexisNexis, MTV, Salesforce.com, Shutterfly and Telefonica.
More information about joining the 10gen Partner Program is available at here.
10gen is the company behind MongoDB, the leading NoSQL database. MongoDB is the open-source, document-oriented database that is quickly reshaping the overall database and big data market due to the popularity of its agile and scalable approach among developers and IT professionals for new applications in the cloud and beyond. For more information, visit www.10gen.com.