SoftaculousLtd., the developer of Softaculous Auto Installer that simplifies Application deployment on various hosting platforms, announced the release of Softaculous 4.1.8 today. Softaculous very recently announced major structural changes and improvements in Softaculous Auto installer during 2012, launch of Webuzo 2.0.5 and Softaculous 4.1.7
– Pulkit Gupta, CEO,Softaculous.
This version has several new features and a few bug fixes.
Softaculous 4.1.8 has following changes:
- Added Task Manager for Endusers. Users will now be able to see existing tasks.
- Added Error Logging system which can be accessed from the Softaculous Admin Panel. This shows the PHP errors in Softaculous.
- Admin can now set the default Admin Username or Admin Password to be blank so that the user will have to enter these details while installing a script. These settings can be set in the Admin Panel -> Settings
- A user can now Turn Off Update Availability notifications for their installations. This can be done on a per installation basis or for all installations as well.
- Improved the Softaculous packaging API.
- Bug Fix : JAVA apps were added to iscripts.php. This is now fixed.
- Bug Fix : Classes were not displayed in chrome due to SSL issue. This is fixed now.
- Bug Fix : In case of failure during Restore process the exact error which caused failure was not displayed. This is fixed now.
- Bug Fix : In DirectAdmin installation made on https protocol was installed at public_html instead of private_html. This is fixed now.
- Bug Fix : While enabling scripts after switching from FREE version to PREMIUM scripts were not downloaded at the first time. This is fixed now.
- Bug Fix : addon_softaculous.cgi file has been changed as per cPanel requirements. As it was causing a FATAL error on few servers. This is fixed now.
Softaculous Auto Installer integrates into popular hosting control panels like cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, H-Sphere, Interworx and ISPSystems and allows the user to install any application by the click of a button. There are lots of script categories like blogs, forums, micro blogs, wikis, social networking, image galleries, ERP, Project Management, Educational, etc. One can also upgrade these applications with one click when new versions become available. Softaculous also offers Demos, Ratings, Reviews and screenshots of the various applications.
“Softaculous 4.1.8 has added Task Manager which will allow the end-user to view their active tasks from Softaculous End User panel.” said Pulkit Gupta, Softaculous founder and CEO. “The Task Manager will show the tasks in the past 1 hour by the user.”
The Softaculous apps library already contains popular applications, including: WordPress, b2evolution, StatusNet, Drupal, Joomla, Concrete5, ShopSite, phpBB, MyBB, SMF, bbPress, Coppermine, Gallery, Mediawiki, DokuWiki, TikiWiki, Elgg, Dolphin, OpenX, SquirrelMail, LimeSurvey, Piwik, Mantis, SugarCRM, WHMCS, PrestaShop, Magento, CraftySyntax, osTicket, Moodle, Claroline, etc. most of which can be installed in several languages by just choosing the language on the Install form.
To address the needs of different hosting providers, Softaculous is available as a Free product or as a Premium product. The Free version has only 54 apps while the Premium version currently has 288 Apps.
Softaculous now allows the Admin to log the errors encountered while accessing Softaculous. “Error Logging system has been implemented in Softaculous from 4.1.8 for better debugging.”
-said Chirag Nagda, Senior Developer at Softaculous.
The company also offers AMPPS – a WAMP and MAMP stack with Softaculous installed. AMPPS is a complete package on your desktop, same like the server that provides many open source web applications. Application Management, Domain management, Database management, etc. are provided in a secure environment to ease your development.
Softaculous was founded in 2009 with the goal of helping users to deploy apps by the click of a button. Softaculous is already being offered by leading Data Center’s and Web hosting companies around the world.
It is very easy to find, deploy, manage, backup applications using Softaculous. One can also deploy apps in the office using Softaculous Webuzo or Softaculous AMPPS. For more information, visit www.softaculous.com