IT infrastructure and cloud solutions provider Peak 10 today announced launch of its multi-tenant SQL as a Service solutions in the cloud.
A high availability, secure Database as a Service solution, Peak 10 SQL as a Service is powered by Microsoft SQL Server® 2012 and provides access to a high-performance managed database environment for running, developing and testing Microsoft SQL-dependent database applications.
Some key featuresand benefits of the new service are:
- Peak 10 SQL as a Service provides local and geo-redundant replicas with: A primary replica, a local secondary replica (synchronous/automatic failover) for business continuity and a geo-diverse replica (asynchronous/manual failover) for disaster recovery.
- An environment secure database with up and running platform during scheduled maintenance events.
- 24/7/365 monitoring by Peak 10’s SQL experts.
- Availability of Peak 10’s PCI DSS and HIPAA/HITECH compliant, redundant cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to scale the resource levels quickly and cost-effectively without interrupting operations.
- Availability guarantees, performance assurances, and reduced costs compared to dedicated database environments.
- Zero capital investment.
- Free availability of advanced features of the latest edition of Microsoft’s cloud-ready information platform since Peak 10 holds the SQL Server 2012 license.
- No need for in-house SQL expertise and routine maintenance.
- Since customers don’t have to install, configure, maintain and manage the platform, a significant amount of time is saved.
- Connectivity from the native SQL Server management tools.
- One customer’s resource consumption cannot adversely affect another. SQL Server 2012’s Resource Governor is used to protect customers’ database-dependent application’s performance by isolating and controlling computing resources.
- All data elements are restricted to the database itself by SQL Server 2012’s Contained Databases feature so that end-users cannot see service information.
- Firewall protection to limit the systems that are allowed to connect.
For more information, click here.
Peak 10 Cloud Infrastructure was recently validated for Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance.