Three weeks after releasing Handy Backup for Yandex.Disk, Novosoft LLC today launched an add-on for Handy Backup that helps users back up PostgreSQL databases in a simple and convenient way.
– Aleksey Dolgushev, Business Development Head, Handy Backup.
Some of the salient features of the PostgreSQL backup function of Handy Backup are:
- The advanced Database Backup plug-in uses the Hot Backup technology to let users back up PostgreSQL tables located on both local and remote computers without stopping them.
- The plug-in has a smart scheduler that needs users to define a backup plan only once, following which the program runs backup and restore tasks automatically, on a minute to monthly basis.
- The software can be launched as a Windows service and performs backups on time without needing the user to log in.
- Backup functions are carried out in the background at good speed by a Multi-threaded transfer engine that keeps the system resource consumption minimal.
- Handy Backup provides assured protection for backups: all copies can be saved with advanced encryption and can be protected by password.
- PostgreSQL backups could be saved to hard drives, local and remote servers including FTP/SFTP/FTPS servers, WebDav storage, and popular cloud storages such as Amazon S3, Google Drive and others.
- All copies could be saved with ZIP-compression to minimize required storing space.
- The Database Backup plug-in lets users back up MySQL, make Oracle backup, copy MSSQL, back up MS Access, back up DB2, backup FoxPro, backup Interbase, and other databases.
PostgreSQL is used by both individual programmers and enterprises like Skype, Sony,Yahoo!, and BASF. The system is developed by the community of companies and developers around the globe.
Some of the salient benefits of the PostgreSQL backup function of Handy Backup are:
- User-friendly interface: Ability to set up a fully automatic backup plan in less time.
- Security of backups: Copies can be protected with advanced encryption algorithms and password.
- Automatic ZIP backup compression: Helps minimize storage space required for backup copies.
- Novosoft Remote Backup Service: Customers can store their data in a remote secured underground shelter using Novosoft’s Online Backup Service.
“PostgreSQL is one of the fastest, most widely used, and reliable free database management systems. It satisfies the requirements of all kinds of consumers: it’s popular among individual programmers and is also used by large corporations,” said Aleksey Dolgushev, Business Development Head, Handy Backup.
“To meet market’s need of information safety, we have implemented advanced support for PostgreSQL backup in Handy Backup. Our new solution is one of the most reliable ways to perform PostgreSQL backup and, I hope, will be appreciated by users,” – he added.
PostgreSQL functionality is included in business editions of Handy Backup (Small Server and Network Server) and can be added to other versions through a purchase of a respective plug-in.
For more information, click here.