Cloud-based email management provider Mimecast has launched a new range of cloud services and service bundles that’ll enhance Microsoft Office 365’s archiving, continuity and security capabilities.
– Grant Hodgkinson, Product Director, Mimecast.
The new services are ideal for IT administrators who’re currently on Office 365 or are considering migrating to it. New service bundles will help these IT administrators address extended compliance, governance, security and email continuity capabilities.
The services include Mimecast Gateway Services for Office 365, Mimecast Continuity Services for Office 365, Mimecast Archive Services for Office 365, and Microsoft UEM Express and Enterprise for Office 365.
- Mimecast Gateway Services for Office 365 are a set of email gateway tools that give email administrators various email management capabilities like Data Leak Prevention, email encryption, document services, Enhanced Message Routing to facilitate migrations and support hybrid deployment scenarios, inbound and outbound spam and malware protection for email and attachments. With Mimecast Gateway tools end-users can have security features embedded directly in Outlook.
- Mimecast Continuity Services for Office 365 assure 100% availability for email, backed by Mimecast’s Service Level Agreement in case of a service outage.
- Mimecast Archive Services for Office 365 add a compliant and read-only archive to all Office 365 plans that delivers advanced ediscovery, legal hold and scalable ‘bottomless’ email retention tools. End-users can access their full personal email archive, including documents through Microsoft Outlook, smartphones, tablets and browsers.
- Mimecast UEM Express for Office 365 combines Mimecast Gateway Services for Office 365 and Continuity Services for Office 365 in a unified email management platform delivered from a single management interface.
- Mimecast UEM Enterprise for Office 365 is Mimecast’s full suite of cloud-based email management tools, including email security, email archiving, email continuity, mobile services and file archiving.
Some of the key use cases of the new services are:
- End-users can have anytime anywhere secure access to their full email and file archive from smartphones, tablets or the web.
- Mimecast offers the added assurance of email availability in case of any service issues with Office 365.
- Users can leverage Mimecast’s Large File Send capability to send and receive files up to 2GB without leaving Outlook.
- IT administrators can support safe and efficient migration of their mail environment from on-premises Microsoft Exchange and other email services to Office 365.
- Mimecast facilitates the management of hybrid on-premise and cloud environments, where customers may wish to have some mailboxes managed on-site and others in the cloud.
“Office 365 is proving to be a popular consideration for many enterprises looking to reduce complexity and cost by using the cloud. If you want to use the cloud for productivity, messaging and collaboration, Office 365 is good, but with the addition of these Mimecast services, it is now great,” said Grant Hodgkinson, Product Director, Mimecast.
“Mimecast is the ultimate cloud companion if you are using Office 365 or looking to migrate. We bring a broad set of additional capabilities that are good for end-users who want email to be there 100% of the time and need to access their archive anywhere at any time. Plus we address, in a simple way, the serious compliance, governance, security and continuity concerns that have made some IT administrators resistant to the cloud and cautious about Office 365,” he added.
For more details, click here.