E-commerce solutions provider Intershop is collaborating with Rackspace to deliver Intershop 7, an agile e-commerce platform hosted on a robust and high performance cloud infrastructure.
– John Engates, CTO, Rackspace.
Rackspace’s cloud portfolio coupled with Intershop’s e-commerce services will give customers the flexibility to choose the right solution for their unique business needs.
The collaboration will also get rid of the complexity surrounding e-commerce infrastructures and help website owners evolve and manage storefronts faster, test consumer preferences and create highly targeted user experiences.
According to the official press release, an e-commerce application can run five times faster with Intershop 7 deployed on a cloud-based platform. Retailers can thus accelerate their time-to-market with the ability to quickly make changes to products, introduce new offers to support and scale for peaks and troughs as well as enter new markets quickly.
Some salient features of Intershop 7 are as follows:
- Internationalization: Website owners can select their target region and start selling in the corresponding languages and currencies, while also complying with regional tax regimes and payment preferences.
- Enhanced SEO and SEA: Website owners can redesign their store at any time without having their search engine ranking adversly affected. They can also decide how their store responds to obsolete or invalid links.
- Powerful search capabilities: Intershop 7 comes with advanced search features like synonym support, weighted search results, auto suggest, auto-correct and a fuzzy search function.
- A/B test function and multivariate testing: Website owners can test the potential of their online activities upfront by using multivariate testing and the new A/B test function in Intershop 7.
- Simplified and personalized ordering process: Multiple features that streamline the ordering process.
- Automated order processing: Ability to process orders automatically and forward details as required to external systems, suppliers, or logistics providers.
- Customer data management: Website owners can define their customer groups and manage them as required.
- Catalog and product data management: Ability to create multiple catalogs from within a single system for different customer groups and channels.
- System integration capability: Wide range of interfaces to integrate Intershop 7 into existing IT environment quickly, easily, and seamlessly.
- Performance and growth: Website owners can expand their systems without disrupting or shutting down operations and integrate new servers or components.
“With its ability to adapt to new markets, Intershop 7 is a comprehensive and highly scalable solution that can easily support international e-commerce expansion,” said Jochen Moll, CEO, Intershop.
“Many of our customers serve the B2B e-commerce industry safe in the knowledge that we support the complexities of their business. Now, with Rackspace able to host the Intershop platform in the cloud, this scalability is also fast and affordable,” he added.
“The relationship between Intershop and Rackspace allows customers to easily expand e-commerce sales globally by leveraging Rackspace’s hybrid cloud capabilities in datacenters worldwide,” said John Engates, CTO, Rackspace.
“The Rackspace hybrid cloud delivers the scalability and functionality critical for seasonal or event-based peaks, and Intershop offers the design capabilities necessary to react to these e-commerce requirements,” he added.
For more information, click here.