ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) was recently in news for the new gTLDs project that provided web world with new possibilities. Back in February this year, ICANN renewed their website with the motto of making it more useful for the visitors and streamlining site navigation.
As per ICANN, the new information architecture was designed to organize the resources that ICANN.ORG offers in a more logical arrangement. More than 38,000 pages and files were carefully examined and migrated into new locations following extensive consultation with the ICANN community, including:
- Nearly 300 responses to the site survey conducted by The Revere Group.
- More than two dozen in-depth interviews with SO and AC members.
- A series of live briefings (with Q&A) across two ICANN public meetings.
- At least three briefings on process and progress to Board Directors (via the Public Participation Committee).
- Two public webinars requesting input and concerns.
ICANN is now conducting an online survey to know how successful they got in meeting the objectives of presenting information on their website. The survey is conducted through SurveyMonkey and have twelve questions related to the website.