Hivelocity has announced that they now offer Intel’s DC S3500 solid state drives with all new dedicated server offerings and are phasing out their Intel 520 Series SSD inventory. There are ongoing promotions in place to unload the remaining 520 series drives the company has in stock as well as specials on the S3500 series.
– Barry Stetler, Engineer, Hivelocity.
The news comes nearly three months after Hivelocity added quad socket Intel Sandy Bridge E5-4600 systems to its dedicated server offerings.
The new SSD product line has been designed by the engineers at Intel for the usage patterns and applications found in the datacenter. Some of its key features are:
- It is ideal for RAID arrays in typical Web Server applications with its increased on-board cache and improved manufacturing processes.
- Increased random-read IOPS and more consistent performance curves for more predictable performance under sustained loads as compared to the Intel 520 Series
- Enhanced power-loss data protection than the 520 series SSD drives.
- It has a new third-generation controller within which exhibits much lower read latency over the entire disk than previous models.
The SSDs will be offered by Hivelocity in 120GB, 160GB, 300GB, 480GB and 600GB sizes on all dedicated servers.
“We are doing everything we can to entice customers to take an SSD over a traditional spinning disk. The customers cannot believe the performance improvements they experience. The servers fly,” said Barry Stetler, Engineer, Hivelocity.
“As with the Intel 320 and 520 series, we high expectations for the DC S3500 series to offer great reliability and performance,” he added.
Hivelocity is currently offering promotions to unload the remaining 520 series drives they have in stock as well as specials on the S3500 series.
For more information, click here.
Click here to read an interview we did a while back with Steve Eschweiler, General Manager, Hivelocity.