A few days after Gartner named Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator as a Cool Vendor in it’s Cloud Management Report for 2013, Flexiant, today released Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator 3.1. Aimed at providing enhanced flexibility in configuration of platforms, Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator 3.1 comes with simplified product catalog management across reseller environments, extended functionality and integration for metering and billing cloud services, and offers extensive customization with upgraded Flexiant APIs, Flexiant Query Language and a new Flexiant Development Language.
“We continue to invest in Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator to improve constantly the value it brings to cloud service providers. This latest upgrade gives greater functionality, reduces complexity and supports new and individual business models,” said Mr. George Knox, CEO, Flexiant.
Earlier this year, Flexiant closed £3.75 Million in investor funding for Cloud Orchestration.
Improved Flexible Metering and Billing:
Overhauled Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator offers support and flexibility for customizable billing based on a cloud service provider’s requirements.
– Mr. Tony Lucas, Product Champion and Founder, Flexiant.
Cloud service providers now have an ability to integrate reseller specific product and pricing customization, customer specific user interfaces, service offerings and adopt metering and billing strategies listed below through integration with their existing billing system:
- Full ‘pay as you go’ cloud billing with granular metering.
- Bill a fixed amount for individual virtual machines with fixed configurations, with separate metering for disk I/O and/or bandwidth.
- Bill a fixed amount for a bundle of resources shared between virtual data centres while allowing capacity bursts to be charged in arrears on a pay as you go basis.
- Any other method required by using Flexiant Development Language.
Improved Product Catolog and Service Management:
Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator 3.1’s overhauled product management simplifies the management of multiple sets of products across different billing entities. It allows easy tracking, management and metering of a wide range of products, allowing differentiation, customized services and new reseller opportunities. The updated product catalog includes
- Reseller and customer templates.
- Reseller and customer specific pricing and service offers.
- Flexible metering periods.
- Retiring/managing products.
- Hierarchical product management.
Improved Extensibility and Customization
The new version comes with upgraded Flexiant APIs, Flexiant Query Language and a new Flexiant Development Language, which together make it easier for third party tools to integrate fully with Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator and allows customers to build differentiated models without the need for Flexiant’s involvement.
With improved extensibility and flexibility, functionality of Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator can be extended to extend to meet business requirements better.
Flexiant Development Language, written using the Lua programming language, brings powerful flexibility and customization in billing methods for each service provider customer. Salient features of FDL are:
- Greater control and flexibility in configuration of platforms.
- Flexibility down to individual billing entities.
- Ability to build unique models without the need for Flexiant intervention.
For more information, click here.