EdgeCast Networks today launched EdgeCast Transact, a PCI-compliant acceleration and optimization solution for the world’s largest online retailers. The solution is backed by EdgeCast’s Commerce Acceleration Network that accelerates and delivers the some of the busiest eCommerce sites in the industry.
With its “share nothing” approach, EdgeCast offers online retailers an optimized communication path to serve content and handle transactions regardless of conditions on the broader Internet or with other EdgeCast CDN customers.
EdgeCast Transact offers features specifically targeted towards eCommerce, a few of them being:
- Variety of performance optimizations such as secure pre-establishment of sessions between origin and end user.
- In built mobile device detection and front-end optimization to ensure that each device is served optimally. It is executed directly on edge servers.
- Network is architected with robust redundancy and failover to address security concerns availability needs of e-tailers.
- Best possible performance delivery by EdgeCast – optimization execution directly on edge servers.
- Elastic provisioning to handle spikes in demand.
- Credit card detection and removal algorithms for withstanding cyber attacks.
In addition to this, the new solution also help online businesses
- Increase rate of completed transactions.
- Protect financial and transactional information with the highest level of PCI compliance.
- Increase average order size.
- Significantly improve the “findability” of products.
“Nowhere do speed and availability matter more than in eCommerce,” said Mr. Ted Middleton, VP of product management, EdgeCast.
“The Internet’s top retailers told us they wanted a discrete, secure, global network that they didn’t have to share with other types of content, so we spent the past year building exactly that,” he added.
To ensure 100 percent availability and stability, EdgeCast also aligns the network’s operating policies with eCommerce business cycles.
For more information, click here.