Custom data center and multi-tenant colocation provider DataBank Holdings today announced the expansion of its white-floor capacity to its recently acquired VeriSpace data center in South Minneapolis.
To be performed in two phases, the new expansion will bring data center capacity in the facility up to just over 17,500 square feet and will include the deployment of an additional UPS and a substantial cooling augmentation.
Some features of DataBank’s South Minneapolis facility are:
- Complete redundancy in power, cooling and network infrastructure.
- Multi-MegaWatt utility feeds in a redundant A/B configuration.
- On-site power generation with additional expansion.
- High-effcientcy perimeter cooling units.
- Diverse secure service provider entries.
- Network-neutral fiber interconnection to multiple service providers.
“This expansion has been largely customer driven. We felt there was an immediate need for high-quality space here and acted swiftly to address that need,” said Tim Moore,CEO, DataBank.
“This illustrates our commitment to the current customer-base and their growth needs, to fulfill those request first was a very high priority. This expansion only represents the one step in our overall process in this market, with more to come,” he added.
For more information and updates on the construction on the data center, click here.