A month after the release of cPanel & WHM 11.36 to the STABLE tier, cPanel Inc. today announced the release of cPanel & WHM software version 11.38.
Releasing to the CURRENT tier as of now, cPanel & WHM 11.38 comes with major Backup System Improvements and enhanced SSL Management, Jail shell, Mail system auto configuration, transfer speeds and more. Here is a detailed overview of all the latest features available in 11.38:
Backup System Improvements:
- Legacy Backup: Updated interface for the Backup Configuration screen in WHM’s Backup section.
- Backup User Selection: An option to backup each account with either Legacy Backup Configuration, or the new Backup Configuration, or both.
- Timing Settings: Ability to choose when to run a backup.
- Files and Databases: Ability to choose to backup access logs, bandwidth data, system files, and databases.
- Configure Backup Directory: System Administrator can now choose the path for backups.
- Additional Destinations: Ability to save backups to multiple destinations like FTP, Additional Local Directory, SFTP, or WebDAV.
- Restore by Account: System administrator can choose individual accounts to restore.
- Restore by Date: System administrator can choose a date to restore.
- Restoration Queue: System administrator can see which accounts are queued to be restored and make changes in the queue too.
– Mr. Nathan Lierbo, Technical Product Specialist, cPanel.
Improved SSL Management System:
- SNI Support: Users can now host multiple SSL Certificates for different domains on a single IP address.
- Wildcard certificate support: This gives users an ability to use a single certificate for multiple subdomains.
- UCC/SAN certificate support: UCC certificates now allow simplified certificate sharing across multiple domains.
- UTF8 safe Certificate data: Provides native language support in certificates and their assets.
- Improved Interface: Simplified installation and management process for SSL certificates, keys and signing requests.
Updates to Jailed Shells:
- All filesystems are now mounted with the
nosuidoption by default which blocks the operation of
- System administrators can now also enable or disable new options for their jailed shells, the options being:
a) Jailed /proc mount method.
b) Jailed /bin mounted suid.
c) Jailed /usr/bin mounted suid.
- Faster IP Migration Wizard for systems with a large number of users or domains.
- POP3 can now be configured as the default mail delivery protocol.
- An alternate host can also be configured for use with Autodiscovery.
- MySQL 5.5 is installed during a fresh install of cPanel & WHM.
- Addon domains, subdomains, and newly created accounts can use a single template system for customizing the Apache configuration.
- Improved email tracking ability.
Removed Items: Optional Security Tokens, Legacy Apache Template System and Interchange have been removed from from cPanel & WHM 11.38.
Third-party applications: included in cPanel & WHM 11.38 are as follows: