Cologix today announced plans to build a 15,000 SQF data center in downtown Vancouver at 1050 West Pender Street. The expansion builds on Cologix’s existing presence in 555 West Hastings.
– Grant van Rooyen, President and CEO, Cologix.
The news comes just a month after Cologix’s 26,000 SQF expansion in downtown Montreal at 1155 University Street.
- Intended to meet the strong demand for network neutral colocation space, the new data center site will have Phase 1 available in Q 1 of 2014.
- The new facility will provide for access to multiple carriers with Points of Presence (PoP’s) in the building as well as connectivity back to Cologix’s Meet-Me-Room in the carrier hotel at 555 West Hastings via a private fibre ring.
- Designed to support more than 350 cabinets at full capacity, this expansion will roughly quadruple Cologix’s current network neutral capacity in downtown Vancouver.
- Cologix plans to leverage the new Tier 3 design build standards for concurrent maintainability and will include robust power redundancy and highly efficient, green cooling technologies, which will leverage free cooling enabled by the conducive climate.
“Vancouver is the third largest city in Canada and our experience in the market shows it has been underserved from a data centre perspective for some time,” said Sean Maskell, President, Cologix Canada.
“We field regular requests from our diverse global customer base for establishing a connectivity-centric presence in Vancouver. In addition, Vancouver is home to a thriving set of tech savvy businesses that have not had access to reliable colocation capacity downtown and we look forward to fulfilling that need,” he added.
“The demand for network neutral colocation continues to grow across Canada while the number of truly network neutral providers is decreasing. We are pleased with the investments we have made in Toronto and Montreal to add incremental capacity and it is natural that we are turning our attention to Vancouver,” stated Grant van Rooyen, President and Chief Executive Officer, Cologix.
“No other downtown Vancouver provider can offer the access to capacity for growth and network neutral connectivity that we will provide at 1050 West Pender Street,” he added.
Earlier this year, managed solutions provider OneCloud Networks chose Cologix’s Dallas INFOMART data center to support their rapidly growing business.