– Luke Marsden, CEO, HybridCluster.
Cloud Software Solution provider HybridCluster made two major announcements today. It has completed $1 millions fundraising and launched HybridCluster 2.0, an integrated suite of storage, replication and web clustering software.
The new version is now available to cloud and web hosting service providers for a free trial. Interested users can click here to sign up.
The $1 million funding round was backed by investors including Jason Seats, Former VP of Engineering, Rackspace Cloud, Charles Grimsdale Former CEO & founder, OD2, Anil Hansjee Former Head of Corporate Development, Google EMEA and Toivo Annus, Former Head of Engineering, Skype.
“For too long web hosting companies have lived in fear of unforeseen failures, spikes in traffic or user error striking their operations, stopping their business in it tracks,” said Mr. Luke Marsden, CEO, HybridCluster.
“With this investment in the company we are now able to launch Hybrid Cluster 2.0 and compete effectively in the hosting market across Europe and North America,” he added.
The video below will show you a demo of how HybridCluster 2.0 works.
With HybridCluster 2.0, service providers can create cost effective, high availability hosting and email infrastructure. Some features of this new version are:
- Automatic recovery in less than a minute from a backup made less than a minute ago via self-healing in case of hardware, software or network failures.
- Intelligent Auto-scaling to provide and charge for scaling the resources available to any website or application in response to spikes in traffic.
- Rapid Restore Data Vault provides hosting company customers ability to revert back to last good version of files themselves in case of accidental data loss or malicious attacks.
HybridCluster is an integration of four fundamental components:
- A distributed proxy server: AwesomeProxy handles HTTP, FTP, MySQL, POP, IMAP, SMTP, SSH and generic TCP requests and routes them across and between machines.
- FlexContainers : use lightweight OS virtualisation techniques to isolate processes, enabling high density secure operation with minimal overhead.
- A distributed Storage system: harnesses the power of ZFS, that creates and manages all the file systems across all the machines and implements file system versioning and ultra-fast snapshotting.
- A distributed Control and Management system that orchestrates the behaviour of these components.
“We wanted to grow our hosting business but our old platform was vulnerable to systems failures, traffic spikes and end users deleting their own files. It was also exceedingly difficult to do even routine maintenance on each server,”said Mr. Andrew Skattebo, CEO, BrickStreet Data Systems– a HybridCluster customer since February 2013.
“That’s why after months of research and testing and finding other solutions either too complex or too expensive, we chose and deployed HybridCluster. Today we can offer a more cost-effective, high-availability hosting platform that is easier to maintain and takes away many of the risks that normally affect a business like ours,” he added.