Cloud infrastructure as a service provider Bit Refinery today announced that it now offers a new dedicated service – Hadoop® Hosting™.
The news comes a few weeks after Bit Refinery launched a new cloud solution – vDev™.
The new service allows companies to store massive amounts of data through a very low cost solution. Organizations can also analyze the data without having to purchase expensive, massively parallel computing (MPC) appliances.
Other features of the new solution are fully dedicated servers, private high-speed network and full console control.
– Brandon Hieb, Managing partner, Bit Refinery.
Bit Refinery’s Hadoop Hosting uses the Dell C series line of servers. Each server contains 4 “nodes” with the following configuration:
- Dell C Series Dedicated Server.
- Dual, Quad Core CPUs.
- 24GB RAM.
- 3, 1TB SATA Hard Drives (JBOD).
- Redundant 1GB Ethernet Connectivity.
- Full console control via KVM over IP with Media Connectivity.
Each node is priced at $300/month. More the number of the “nodes”, the faster the results and the safer customers’ data is because each file is broken up into “blocks” and replicated among different nodes.
Bit Refinery has released a graphic illustrating a typical implementation using traditional physical servers for Hadoop nodes while relying on the redundancy of virtual servers powered by VMware:
Bit Refinery’s new service is ideal for following companies:
- Companies and government agencies wanting to try out Hadoop technology without having to purchase their own equipment.
- Enterprise software sales organizations for use with customer proof of concepts and internal development/R&D.
- Small-to-enterprise-sized businesses with large amounts of data that want to launch their own data analytics projects.
Some of the benefits of Hadoop Hosting are:
- Businesses, researchers and data analysts can process and analyze vast amounts of data.
- The hosted service reduces IT CAPEX with no hardware to purchase.
- Organizations may install any variation of Hadoop.
“Hadoop Hosting allows customers to forgo the large, up-front capital needed to get started with this new technology,” said Brandon Hieb, managing partner, Bit Refinery.
“Customers can store and analyze huge amounts of data with in-depth querying capabilities at an extremely low cost. In addition, because of the architecture of Hadoop, our customers’ data is replicated to other “nodes” so their data is safe. This service provides a great way for companies to ‘jump into’ Hadoop,” he added.
Here is more information on Hadoop Hosting from Bit Refinery.
Earlier this year, Bit Refinery launched it’s Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service.